Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Trip the dirt fantastic

If you're due for a spinal adjustment, you should check out the new mountain bike trails at Dryer Park in Victor. Rick Williams and Scott Likly are working with the town of Victor and a bunch of hardcore volunteers to carve out trails for dirt lovers only.

Don't let the fact that these are the area's only *legal* trails fool you into thinking you're in for a summer stroll. True, you'll take in some of the most scenic hilltop views this side of Tuscany. And yes, some of the trail names sound like they were lifted from your seven-year-old's xmas list (I-Pod, Ribbon Candy, Ziggy), but trust me. Your ass will be grass after a spin on these bonecrushing dirtlines.

2 comments:

Jane M. said...

OMG, I am so excited, I can't wait. Are they open? Can we go there? I need some cuts and bruises!

knitlit kate said...

what, the school bus didn't give you enough excitement?